ROLF Harris has walked free from court on May 30, after a jury failed to reach a verdict in his indecent assault trial.
The jurors deliberated for just under five hours since Friday afternoon at London's Southwark Crown Court over allegations Harris, 87, molested three teenage girls. Harris had denied all of the charges.
Judge Deborah Taylor then entered a verdict of not guilty and released Harris.
Harris thanked his supporters and expressed relief at the verdict in a statement read by his lawyer outside the court.
"I am pleased it is finally over".
But last week he appeared in the dock at London's Southwark Crown Court for the first time as his youngest alleged victim said she was speaking out about the "pervert" for "vindication and justice".
Harris described how his wife Alwen is ill and the couple "simply want to spend our remaining time together in peace".
"Above all I want to thank my wonderful friends and family who have supported me and Alwyn over this hard period".
Prosecutor Jonathan Rees, QC, said he will announce whether Harris will face a third trial on the allegations at 2pm.
Harris left court in a media scrum without making any comment to waiting reporters before getting into a waiting vehicle.
"Accordingly, we offer no evidence to the four counts on the indictment". But the seven women and five men were only told snippets of Harris's previous convictions and court appearances.
The assaults were alleged to have occurred at public events between 1971 and 1983.
He was also accused of squeezing the breast of a 16-year-old girl and running his hand up between her legs in the back of a taxi at a celebrity sports event in 1978.
The woman told how Harris, now 87, had groped her when she was just 13 in front of pop stars and presenters on the Saturday Superstore show at the BBC Television Studios in the capital in 1983.