UK police in bomb probe cordon off area in Manchester

Posted June 03, 2017

Greater Manchester Police said they had located the vehicle after tracking bomber Salman Abedi's movements in the days leading up to the May 22 attack on a concert by United States singer Ariana Grande. There is a 100-meter cordon in place as a precaution, and police asked people to avoid the area.

Police investigating the Manchester terrorist attack have found a auto which they believe might be "significant" to the inquiry.

Police investigating the Manchester suicide bombing have seized a auto which is believed to be "significant" to the case.

Detective Chief Superintendent Russ Jackson, head of the North West Counter Terrorism Unit, said: "This is potentially a significant development in the investigation".

"We are also really grateful for the public's continued help in what is a very fast moving investigation and again we appeal for the public to contact us with any information, however small you believe it may be, about Abedi's movements".

The developments came Friday after police have released new security camera images of the Manchester bomber's last moments, hoping to piece together his final preparations before the concert blast.

Images include a video of Abedi shopping and others of him lugging a large blue suitcase around the streets of Manchester.

Brothers Isaac and Abz Forjani, who were arrested by armed police soon after the attack before being released without charge, said they had been left "traumatised" by their cousin's actions.

Isaac, 24, said: "It's not easy being connected to 22 lost, innocent lives".

Britain's Prince William has also been visiting the city this afternoon, he made a private visit to Manchester Children's Hospital to meet survivors.

"And the fact that the person that did this is related to us by blood".

The second in line to the throne later visited Manchester Cathedral, where he praised the grit of the city and those who responded to the attack.

"My thoughts are with all those affected."

However, officers have been unable to find any records of calls about Abedi to the police Anti Terrorist Hotline.

Police say the 22-year-old bomber, Salman Abedi, acted largely alone when he assembled the device used in the May 22 attack. He found himself in an arena's foyer, which he described as a scene of "absolute devastation".

Even as he tried to help, he said he "knew my daughter was in there somewhere". She had suffered a concussion and some crush injuries.

He eventually met her in a hotel in the early hours of the morning.