A United Kingdom judge has allowed the parents of a terminally ill baby to present fresh evidence in their campaign for their son to be allowed to receive experimental treatment.
Judge Nicholas Francis gave the couple until Wednesday afternoon to present the evidence and set a new hearing for Thursday in a case that has drawn worldwide attention.
The decision came after an emotionally charged hearing in which Gard's mother wept in frustration and his father yelled at a lawyer.
But the judge insists there has to be "new and powerful" evidence to reverse earlier rulings that barred Charlie from travelling overseas for treatment and authorised London's Great Ormond Street Hospital (GOSH) to take him off life support.
The evidence came from researchers at the Vatican's children's hospital and another facility outside of Britain.
The Pope and President Donald Trump have both weighed in and offered their help to the family.
Baby Charlie suffers from a rare genetic condition, an inherited mitochondrial disease generally referred to as MDDS, or mitochondrial DNA depletion syndrome.
Yates and her husband, Chris Gard, lost a legal battle to take their son to the United States for the experimental therapy at the end of last month when the European Court of Human Rights upheld the British court's decision that the trip would cause him unnecessary suffering.
Baby Charlie Gard with his parents, Connie Yates and Chris Gard.
It ruled the children's hospital could turn off his life support.
Clearly in support of Charlie Gard's fight, Nick said: "I will always believe that you should give the patient every chance".
A GoFundMe page set up to raise money for his treatment has so far raised more than £1.3m.
There are 18 children currently on this treatment - one of them wasn't able to do anything and now she's riding a bike, she said. Connie Yates reportedly asked the judge. "Until you're in this situation, you don't understand the power of hope", she said.
Speaking to the BBC before Monday's hearing, Yates said the couple had endured a "living hell" over recent months, saying "it's disgusting that this decision has been taken out of our hands".
"I did my job", he said. "I will continue to do my job".
His parents have claimed that they have evidence of treatment in the US that could save his life, though Francis has given them by 2 p.m. on Wednesday to produce the details, with another hearing scheduled for Thursday.