Coutinho makes Liverpool pledge despite Nou Camp claims

Posted October 03, 2017

The Brazil worldwide was heavily linked with a move to La Liga giants Barcelona in the summer transfer window but a deal failed to materialise as Liverpool refused to sell their prized asset.

So far it hasn't led to the results that we want, but in a few moments you can not create bigger chances."Mignolet is set to return in goal for the trip to Newcastle, having missed the match in Moscow as Klopp has chose to play Loris Karius in the Champions League this season".

But, thanks to Liverpool's stubbornness, they managed to keep ahold of their Brazil worldwide and the 25-year-old has returned to the side with two goals in his last two appearances.

"The hard part is to sustain the success with all the top sides you have to come up against, and at the moment the way everyone's spending it means it isn't easy".

"He's someone who has always given everything for Liverpool".

"We didn't score the chances we had and that makes it frustrating, because I think we deserved to win", the midfielder told the club's website.

The Reds' star man has been an instrumental player for the club in the past few seasons and a stand-out performer in one of the Premier League's most menacing attacking trios. "I'm here to defend the colours, to give my maximum" Coutinho said following the stalemate with Spartak Moscow, as reported in the Liverpool Echo. "Someone was going to be disappointed at the end of the transfer window and it was Phil".

"It wasn't really the result we wanted, but we have to keep working and there are more games, another four games to come", he added. "We're so happy that he stayed".