He added: "Cesar Sanchez-Guzman apparently claims that he did not remember this alleged incident from 2003 until now".
The lawsuit, filed on Thursday on behalf of a man named Cesar Sanchez-Guzman, said the alleged assault took place in the Seattle area at a party aboard a private yacht at which alcohol was served, according to court documents.
In a statement released to NBC, Singer "categorically denies the allegations" and questioned why Sanchez-Guzman waited until now to file the suit. In 2014, actor and model Michael Egan sued Singer, claiming that the entertainment industry bigshot had forced him to have sex.
In a chilling resemblance to the allegations made against Hollywood boss Harvey Weinstein, the court filing also alleges that Singer offered to help Sanchez-Guzman get into acting as long as he never said anything about the alleged incident. "He then told Cesar that no one would believe him if he ever reported the incident, and that he could hire people who are capable of ruining someone's reputation".
Sanchez-Guzman is asking for compensation for damages related to experiencing "severe psychological, mental and emotional injuries, shame, humiliation and loss of enjoyment of life".
Director Bryan Singer has been sued for allegedly sexually assaulting a 17-year-old boy more than a decade ago, ABC News has learned. Egan and his attorneys then found themselves as defendants in a malicious prosecution action brought by some of the individuals who Egan previously sued.
He claimed he was taking care of a sick parent. Egan later withdrew his claims was sentenced to two years in prison in 2015 for lying in a fraud claim.
Herman Law also represented plaintiffs who in 2014 filed federal lawsuits against Singer and others, which alleged that the filmmaker sexually abused underage boys at a Hawaii estate and in a London hotel suite.
Sanchez-Guzman said he did not know anything about Singer, who he said introduced himself on the ship and was "very flirtatious", until after the alleged attack occurred.